Coast Survey’s Autonomous Systems Strategy
- Develop technology and procedures, including automated data acquisition and processing tools, new data acquisition procedures, and data telemetry to support unmanned operations and benefit conventional manned survey platforms.
- Establish a dedicated Coast Survey team specializing in the operational use of unmanned systems.
- Convert existing hydrographic survey launches to operate in either manned or unmanned modes to take advantage of existing shipboard infrastructure and expertise, while incrementally adopting new technology and procedures.
- Continue to support the development and transfer-to-operations of unmanned systems that benefit Coast Survey’s mission.
- Continue to collaborate with government, academic and industry partners to share expertise and resources and direct and expedite development.